There are people, places and circumstances that really blows up to an epic climax of inspiration. For me, TEDxAlmedalen was one of those fantastic moments. I’m so happy for everyone that wanted to come and share the amazingness of TEDxAlmedalen 2011.
It was fun, energetic and truly enjoyable. Thanks for coming! And thanks to all of you following the livestream and Twingly Live. The streams are still available, you can see them here. There will be edited and translated video clips published soon but if you understand Swedish, I highly suggest you to see the streams right away. Our speakers were amazing!
* The happy and inspiring Anna Serner (bubbling with energy!)
* The entrepreneurial storyteller Martin Frey
* The fantastic Doer Inga-Britt Ahlenius
* The smart, calm and highly creative but yet still analytical Per Cromwell
* The empathetic and emotional Sara Damber
* The wonderful, inspiring and fascinating Nils Landgren
Thanks to all of you!
Yet still, it was many, many more people involved in making TEDxAlmedalen come true.
* Our humble but rockin’ DJ Löwenhamn.
* AV-Ljud, a major reason for making TEDxAlmedalen 2011 a success.
* Robin, Björn & Petter, our heroes brodcasting the event. Best of the best!
* Hans Wassaether & Niclas Heurlin (+ everyone else) for taking wonderful photos
* Polarbröd that provided us with snacks to the pause.
* Team Greatness PR! Thanks for co-organizing TEDxAlmedalen. We owe the whole Greatness PR team a lot.
* Team Twingly! Without all my great colleagues, there wouldn’t be a TEDxAlmedalen 2011. TEDxAlmedalen is the result of a great teamwork. Thanks to all of you!
But most of all I want to take the opportunity to give a big applause and thanks to Joanna Sundström and Sofie Bachrach from Greatness PR, the two amazing girls that organizing the event together with me from Twingly. To both of you – thanks!
See you next year!
You can find more photos from TEDxAlmedalen 2010 here.
The Almedalen Week is a unique meeting point for politicians, debaters,organisations, lobbyists, journalists and entrepreneurs in Sweden. Last year was the first time Twingly visited the Almedalen Week and the true climax of the week for us was definitely TEDxAlmedalen, the event we organized together with Greatness PR.
TEDxAlmedalen was a great success with 100 guests, 6 awesome speakers and a wonderful inspiring atmosphere. By some even mentioned as the best seminar during the whole Almedalen Week, we felt that we definitely should organize TEDxAlmedalen also this year. And we will, together with the great Greatness PR team!
We’re proud to announce that TEDxAlmedalen 2011 will take place between 9pm to 12pm in an inner courtyard (the same as last year) the 7th of July.
The theme for 2010 was How to get followers, fans and friends and this year will push it forward and focus on the ones that really makes a difference – the Doers. Debates and discussions are otherwise what distinguish the Almedalen Week and we felt that TEDxAlmedalen should be about those who transforms the words into action.
The speaker list is not yet set and we’re gladly welcoming tips. TEDxAlmedalen is free but limited to 100 guests. To apply for an invitation, please visit TEDxAlmedalen.se.
Looking forward to see you all again in Visby!
Picture (CC): Powi
Almedalen Week is a yearly gathering of politicians, organisations and debaters in Visby, Gotland to share and discuss politics among many other things. This year Twingly will be part of it and Björn, Mattias and myself (Anton) will be there to mingle, speak, make sure Twingly Live works smoothly everywhere and to talk to our users. If you’re there, let’s grab a beer or coffee together – tweet us!
And since we think it’s a unique opportunity to get a lot of interesting people together for sharing thoughts, we’ll also co-host TEDxAlmedalen together with Greatness PR. The topic for the event is “How to get followers, fans and friends“. Speakers include Joakim Jardenberg, Brit Stakston, Martina Lind and Elaine Bergqvist. I’ll probably also give a short speech about personal branding.
If you’ll be in Visby Thursday July 8th from 9-12 pm, we would be very happy to meet you at the event. Make sure to confirm on the Facebook event page so that you secure for yourself one of the 100 (attractive!) available seats, or simply send me an email. You can also follow TEDxAlmedalen on Twitter and Facebook.
See you there, or in the Channel!