2008 was a year full of surprises, a lot of laughs and overall a really good year for Twingly. After such a great year it could be nice to summarize what we actually have done. Here’s a little resume based on our blog archive.
- Our first coverage in both Techcrunch and Readwriteweb.
- A lot of focus on the soon-to-be-released beta of Twingly.com but Politiken become the first Twingly Partner in Denmark, too.
- Some new interesting Twingly Partners (Centerpartiet, La Vanguardia, De Telegraaf) and furthermore April was THE month because of the launch of Twingly.com Beta. The launch was a great success and we got a lot of nice feedback. Twingly Tech Plan turned out to be a great idea. And we owe you Twingly users a lot.
- The invoice from Amazon S3 was bigger than ever, which actually was funnier than it sounds. 180M views of the Twingly Blogstream Widget is a great success for us! We got a lot of help from our users under the Twingly Server Meltdown Hour (results here) which proved that our servers was ready for the big launch of Twingly.com. Lindex become our first e-commerce customer.
- Wiiie! Twingly.com was officially launched, out of beta and we got a lot of publicity and attention. The summer couldn’t start better! Our summer interns was presented (and started working, of course!) and published the first episode in their video blog.
- The Twingly Summer of Code was finished and the interns could show up a demo of what they’ve accomplished. Unfortunately there’s nothing more than a demo even today but we’ve hired Kristoffer since then, so it was a success in another context 🙂
- We started from scratch with a new algorithm for our spam-free blog search and the largest Norwegian website and newspaper VG.no launched Twingly Blogstream.
- A lot of new Twingly Partners (Dagens PS, Cosmopolitan, Uppdrag Barn, Klikk) and a blog post that reveals what we might work on for the future. We were in Düsseldorf and met a lot of German bloggers and hold a seminar in Stockholm when we released Twingly Report about the FRA-debate, which got a lot of attention.
- Onoff and Kanal5 became Twingly Partners. Internetworld Top 100 best websites in Sweden was released and many of our customers were on the list (7 of top 20 was actually our customers!).
- Two new customers (SR, Halens) and the release of Twingly BlogRank and Top 100. Twingly Top 100 was a great success and got a lot of attention all over the world.
A great year from my point of view and I´m sure you guys will have even more success in the coming year.
It will be interesting to follow your progress!
Especially having 7 out of 20 on the top best websites in Sweden as your customers:-)