New feature in the Twinglywidget give attention to more blogs

We have improved the Twinglywidget with a new filter that give more blogs attention from our partners. The filter is made so every blog can get only one link from each article. The latest relevant blog post from each blog is shown.

This brings attention to a larger number of blogs, but also deals with a previous error in the widget where the same blog post could happen to be shown duplicate times if it had been published under more than one URL. It also hinders some forms of abuse.

We would like to hear your opinion, leave a comment or trackback!

6 thoughts on “New feature in the Twinglywidget give attention to more blogs

1. Gustav May 9, 2008 / 3:42 pm

Wonderful!

I’ve had that problem myself, and I don’t want to look like a spammer 🙂

2. Viktor Viktorsen May 15, 2008 / 9:53 am

Most of the time I use lot of work and time writing my bloggs. However, I do understand that it might seem like “spam” when several bloggs connect to the same article. But with severe healthproblems, it has been a relief using bloggs written some days ago. Not every blogger is able to write a new bloggs for every new article!

3. Viktor Viktorsen May 15, 2008 / 10:24 am

I am deeply grateful for the twingly – possibility! A big hand. Thank you! 😀

4. John Carter May 15, 2008 / 7:45 pm

Great! I just wonder how blogs are listed. Twingly rank is based on what criteria? Is technorati rank ignored?

tks

5. Anton May 16, 2008 / 2:24 pm

Hi everyone! Thanks for beeing so kind to us!

John Carter, we have nothing to do with Technorati rank so we have our own rank system which we naturally named TwinglyRank. It’s based on inlinks and a bunch of other things, like how many “likes” and some other stuff.

Regards,