All systems nominal. We are go for launch!
This morning, Twingly is live to the public audience. I’m proud and awed by the effort put down by our team up to this point, as well as a good darn grateful to all the beta testers that have provided feedback during the beta period. More than 3500 people have participated.
Twingly.com now covers over 30 million blogs all over the world but we focus on being number one in Europe, both regarding spam control and working with several different languages.
Since we are going public we are finally able to make our widget platform available for bloggers. You can create a widget out of any search result or pick one from the new blog profile page, see for example the profile for Engadget. You access the profile page trough the search result or by hacking the url. Find the widgets from your own blog or use a widget for another blog if you like. You can actually hack any search query into the widget, which is truly powerful.
But this is only the beginning as we’ll make more and more kinds of widgets available. So please participate in working out the Tech plan!
BTW, there is some functionality that is only provided to registered users, but the registration is completely painless and instantaneous. More specifically:
- Participating in the Tech plan
– Voting up posts in the search result (liking posts)
– Sending feedback (so you wont have to enter your contact details every time)
The user registration will be the basis of a lot of things to come, claiming your blog will allow you to control how it is presented on Twingly. Please note that using the widgets does not require any kind of registration!
Key functionality on Twingly.com:
- Spam free search
– Social search. The users enhance the search results by voting on posts they like. Bloggers enhance the search results by linking to posts they like
– Subscribe to search results by RSS and alerts via email
– Language functionality: Translation of search results and filtering based on language
– Twingly widget platform. Parts of Twingly.com can be incorporated into blogs
– Hot Right Now. Overview on hot topics in the blogosphere
– User directed development through a tech plan open for voting.
All in all, thanks to all that have participated in the great effort leading up to this point.
Now, lets get to work with the next big thing in blog search.